function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SalesforceLearnerNewbieSalesforceLearnerNewbie 

create a pop up window that shows information related to the clicked sentence

I would like to have a VF page and controller that could ask user to click on any 3 of this information inside an array:

a = [["I have a thing"], ["I have thing", "I got something"]]

I know I can use repeat to
<apex:variable value="{!0}" var="v" />
<apex:repeat value="a" var="t">
<apex:commandLink action="{!showPopUp}">{!v}</apex:commandLink>
</apex:repeat>
<apex:variable value="{!v + 1}" var ="v" />

then it will print(in link form so that user can press) it according to :

*I have a thing*
*I have thing*
*I got something*

What I want is to have the VF page show information that map to the clicked one. Example, 

INSIDE "I have a thing", there is information such as gender=male, location=World and comments="something too good".
INSIDE "I got something", there is information such as gender =Female, location=Nowhere and comments="Not so good"

So when user pressed on "I have a thing". information such as  gender=male, location=World and comments="something too good" instead of other value. My main problem is I do not know how can I map this information to be printed on VF page. How can can I tell the VF page which one of these links is chosen and how to map the chosen one to the related information provided?

Please assist me in this or you can just tell me the algorithm and I will do it myself. please
Jithesh VasudevanJithesh Vasudevan
Hello,

I think it is better to seperately create 3 command links for each of the strings you mentioned and define what to do inside the respective methods in the controller when a user clicks on it.

Thanks,
Jithesh