function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shanth Shenoy 3Shanth Shenoy 3 

WI19 App Developer 1 Maintenance

Hello, I am new to SF and Not a practicing Developer, I have this question, I followed all instructions but I am totally fluxomed as how to test the code that I have on Lightning Developer Console? Suggestions that'll help me in this regard is very welcome. just as an FYI I am posting the set of instructions below: Thank you for your assistance & guidance  --> Shanth Shenoy

Copy the helper class code block, UtilityClass, from above and modify it so the sharing rules are enforced based on the sharing setting of the calling class.
Copy the controller code block, TowerMapControllerClass, from above and modify it so the sharing rules are enforced.
Copy and modify the Lightning component code above to implement a lightning:map component named Towermap. Replace the <!-- Create lightning:map here --> with your code. Your code should pass the value of v.mapMarkers to the mapMarkers attribute, pass the value of v.markersTitle to the markersTitleattribute, and set the zoomLevel attribute to 5.
Copy and paste the controller and helper code blocks above to create controller and helper functions to pull all Tower locations from the server.
To view your map, you can use Lightning App Builder to create a standalone one-column app page named Towers and add it to the Lightning Experience App Launcher. More experienced developers can chose another method to expose the component, if desired.
Best Answer chosen by Shanth Shenoy 3
Meghna Vijay 7Meghna Vijay 7
Hi Shanth,

The Last paragraph tells you how to test it. Setup> Lightning App Builder > New Page > App Page > Towers with (1 column template)>Drag and drop your lightning component(Towermap) > Activation > App Default > Select Custom App.If you want to test whether sharing rules are enforced on UtilityClass and TowerMapControllerClass then you can login as some other user other than System Admin and share a specific record to him/her on which he/she is not the owner and check if that person is able to see that record.Make sure that custom object has Private OWD .

Hope it helps.

Thanks

All Answers

Meghna Vijay 7Meghna Vijay 7
Hi Shanth,

The Last paragraph tells you how to test it. Setup> Lightning App Builder > New Page > App Page > Towers with (1 column template)>Drag and drop your lightning component(Towermap) > Activation > App Default > Select Custom App.If you want to test whether sharing rules are enforced on UtilityClass and TowerMapControllerClass then you can login as some other user other than System Admin and share a specific record to him/her on which he/she is not the owner and check if that person is able to see that record.Make sure that custom object has Private OWD .

Hope it helps.

Thanks

This was selected as the best answer
Shanth Shenoy 3Shanth Shenoy 3
Thank You Meghna, at times the obvious in front of ones eyes is missed, thank you for pointing it out and your help is greatly apprecitated