function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Miguel SuárezMiguel Suárez 

Inspector INVALID_SESSION_ID: Session expired or invalid - Loading metadata failed

Hi,
I´m new at Saleforce.
I´m trying to use Salesforce inspector in my developer Org that I use for trailheads.
But I´m getting the following error when trying to make queries in salesforce inspector in the Export result console:
"INVALID_SESSION_ID: Session expired or invalid"
I tried the same in other orgs (Production) provided by work colleagues and no issues, I only have this problem in my developer org.
The problen is happening even if I just login to my org.
I also see this error mesage in the export query console:
"Loading metadata failed"

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks & Regards,
Miguel.
Karel Slaby 8Karel Slaby 8
Hello, 
I had similar issue, I still had the "INVALID_SESSION_ID: Session expired or invalid" even I logged out and then logged in. I must say that I had set the my Domain before and deplyed it. Then it started showing the error.
I has been able to fix it when I did completely quit Chrome (on Mac, not only closed the window) and reopened it again.
Best regards,
Karel
P S 51P S 51
check if you have 'Use Any Api Client' permission enabled. 
Harsh Raj Choudhary 2Harsh Raj Choudhary 2

Hey Guys - I had similar issue with my ORG/Sandbox Instance and now I am able to use salesforce inspector just fine

Problem statement :
whenever we try to use salesforce inspector after enabling custom domain its not working we get "sINVALID_SESSION_ID: Session expired or invalid" issue.

Cause:
the issue is with the host URL, the new custom domain is not accessable by salesforce inspector.

Solution:
Just need to tweek the URL from "chrome-extension://aodjmnfhjibkcdimpodiifdjnnncaafh/data-export.html?host=OrgDomain.sandbox.lightning.force.com/" to "chrome-extension://aodjmnfhjibkcdimpodiifdjnnncaafh/data-export.html?host=OrgDomain.sandbox.my.salesforce.com"

Mark this as best answer if u feel it working :)