function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Mridula AnuragMridula Anurag 

Instead of approval process ,is there any other way taht approver can review and edit the child records as well as he can approve

I have a requirement like follows: I have built a form using lightning component.This form contains basic information of product & submitter name and it has child records to be created.These child records has 2 fields wich should be filled by his approver. Once user submits the form ,notification will sent to approver and he can review the form and update those fields in child record and approve and put the comments.Once he approves,this form will go for second level of approval.In that he can approve and put the sattus as complete with comments.I tried to achieve this using approval process,there is no option to review the parent record with child record and edit those fields in child records and approve.Can anyone help out which is the best approach to achieve this
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Well .. Do you want to build complete custom solutions ?? Its possible .. 

But in Salesforce with customization approval process is the only way
Meghna Vijay 7Meghna Vijay 7
Hi Mridula,
How about using Approval Process Controller class in your apex code? Here's the link to it:-
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.apexcode.meta/apexcode/apex_methods_system_approval.htm
Thanks
Mridula AnuragMridula Anurag
Are you saying that while calling approval process from controller,once it reaches the first approval step ,can we unlock the record for that approver to update on those fields and on save,he needs to approve and make comments  during approval process.In my case, approver has to update the child record along with reviewing the parent record which cannot be performed  by approval process.
Or Can I share the record with approver during approval process using process builder.I did not tried this approach.Correct me if I am wrong