function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nikhil_KhetanNikhil_Khetan 

Lightning Community Failed to initialize a component - IE

We have recently developed a new community with lighting components on it. This community works perfect on all the browsers, but on IE 11 (11.0.90) it fails on the landing page component.(It only show standard loading screen)

When i opened it in community builder in IE it says:

Error ID: 1960994957

This page has an error. You might just need to refresh it. Failed to initialize a component [Expected ':'] Callback failed: serviceComponent://ui.comm.runtime.components.aura.components.siteforce.controller.PubliclyCacheableComponentLoaderController/ACTION$getPageComponent Failing descriptor: {siteforce-generatedpage-ce00a3fa-6452-4398-9cc2-0e630449a95f.c1550051805662}

Do anyone know whats going wrong?
Best Answer chosen by Nikhil_Khetan
@Anas Thank you for your reply. 

Yes, i have gone through this article and also opt in for the service.
But that has not solved the issue.

All Answers

Khan AnasKhan Anas (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Nikhil,

Greetings to you!

According to Salesforce:

Support for Internet Explorer 11 to access Lightning Experience is retiring beginning in Summer ’16.
  • You can continue to use IE11 to access Lightning Experience until December 16, 2017.
  • If you opt into Extended Support for IE11, you can continue to use IE11 to access Lightning Experience until December 31, 2020.
  • IE11 has significant performance issues in Lightning Experience.
  • It is strongly recommended that you do not use Internet Explorer 11 with Community Builder.
  • This change doesn’t impact the Salesforce Classic.

You must 'opt in' for it to work today in IE11, but know that that will save you only until the end of the year 2020.

How to opt in?
The opt-in option will become available only when your org updates to Winter '18 version. Once that happens, go to Setup, enter "Session Settings" in the Quick Find box, then select Session Settings. Scroll to the section titled "Extended use of IE11 with Lightning Experience" and agree to terms.

Please refer to the below links which might help you further with the above issue.

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=getstart_browsers_sfx.htm&type=5

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000233325&type=1

I hope it helps you.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future. It will help to keep this community clean.

Thanks and Regards,
Khan Anas
@Anas Thank you for your reply. 

Yes, i have gone through this article and also opt in for the service.
But that has not solved the issue.

This was selected as the best answer
John Constantine 2John Constantine 2
Hi @Nikhil_Khetan,

I am also getting the same error while running my community on IE. Please tell, what did you do to resolve the issue ?

Thanks,
John
@John.

I actually don't remember what i did change to solve it. Currently we are not facing any issues.
May be you can start with removing some custom lightning component or VF from the community? And make sure to upgrade the community by going into setting.
Bhargavi Chava 8Bhargavi Chava 8
Hi @John/@Nikhil,

I am getting same error in Chrome. May I know, how did you do to resolve the issue ?

Thanks,
Bhargavi