function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Helen He 7Helen He 7 

page layout for edit sobject

I am exploring our current system setup a year ago. We have some custom fields for Account sObject, like medical school, etc. When I click edit, I can edit the medical school infos from the pop up, but I cannot find the page layout for it. I looked at all the page layouts for account, none of them has the medical school fields on the account detail section, where is the layout for the edit page? Thanks.

User-added imageUser-added image
Best Answer chosen by Helen He 7
Helen He 7Helen He 7
Finally figure it out. That page uses person account page layout instead of account page layout.

All Answers

Saravanan RajarajanSaravanan Rajarajan
Hi Helen,

I think first picture if you click edit button redirect to some VF Page or Lightning Component. Please check once

Setup->Account Tab->view object->Create a new custom link->Buttons, Links, and Actions->Edit

Mostly Overridden Edit Button. (not a standard one)

Please mark it best answer if it helps you.
SandhyaSandhya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Check if that is the mini page layout.Go the page layout and on the top of header you will see Mini page layout , click on that to change the fields.

Please mark it as solved if my reply was helpful. It will make it available for other as the proper solution.

Best Regards
Sandhya

Helen He 7Helen He 7
Hi Saravana,

I checked the setup, the Edit button is a standard button on standard page, we didn't customized it 

User-added image

User-added image
Helen He 7Helen He 7
Hi Sandhya,

I checked the mini page layout, the medical school fields is not in selected area.

User-added image
Helen He 7Helen He 7
Finally figure it out. That page uses person account page layout instead of account page layout.
This was selected as the best answer