function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sathish MadhiSathish Madhi 

Activate Session-Based Permission Sets Without Code is not working as expected

I am able to complete the challenge to earn the 500 points, but it is not working as expected.
When I added just Herman, Lynda to the permission set Temporary Account Edit, when run the flow, I am consistently getting error Error Occurred: The permission set must be pre-assigned to the user before being activated 
I added a second user, System Administrator, and now the flow worked with two users in the permission set, but when I logged in as Herman, Lynda, I don't see the Account name is editable, so the session based permision set logic didn't really worked.
I removed the System Administrator, and added a Platform user account, but the flow gave same error "Error Occurred: The permission set must be pre-assigned to the user before being activated"
I changed the user Herman, Lynda to Standard User (that has CRUD access to account), and added to the Temporary Account Edit permission set, and logged out,a nd logged back in, and ran the flow, and again gave same error.
I tried with flow builder and cloud flow designer, and both are behaving same.
Tony CulhaneTony Culhane

Hi Satish,

I found the following page when I was searching for a solution to this challenge. It worked for me, so hopefully you will get it working.

https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=9060G0000005Mq5QAE

Satish SoniSatish Soni
You have to run the flow while being logged in as Lynda Herman. For that to occur you have to give manage flow and run flows permissions to Lynda.
Satish SoniSatish Soni
The session based permission set will be activated for the user who ran the flow.