function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Contract ApprovalContract Approval 

How to change Domain name of my org.

Hi Team, I want to change Domain name of my org. Please help me how to change the domain name.
Khan AnasKhan Anas (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Greetings to you!

According to Salesforce doc: https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=domain_name_rename.htm&type=5

If you have an existing My Domain subdomain, you can rename it. For example, you can change the name when your company’s name or branding changes. After you rename your My Domain subdomain, your previous subdomain is immediately deactivated. You can rename your My Domain subdomain in production orgs. But you can't rename a sandbox, developer, or trial org subdomain.

salesforce recommend that you change the domain name outside of normal business hours because the change briefly interrupts your Salesforce users. Before changing your My Domain subdomain, consider how to communicate this change to your users.

NOTE: To rename the My Domain subdomain, you must deploy it first.
  1. From Setup, enter My Domain in the Quick Find box, then select My Domain.
  2. Under My Domain Settings, select Edit. Enter a new domain name.
  3. Select Check for availability, and if the domain is available, click Save.

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=domain_name_overview.htm&type=5

I hope it helps you.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future. It will help to keep this community clean.

Thanks and Regards,
Khan Anas
Sasha IehlSasha Iehl
Hello there,
do you know how much time Salesforce support takes into the account, to remain the domain?
Thank you
Best,
Sasha
Rafal RybackiRafal Rybacki
Hi

I'm trying to rename a domain in a production org, however after clicking "Edit" the "Rename your domain" input field is disabled. What is missing?

Kind regards
Rafał
Priya ChimalgiPriya Chimalgi
Hello @Rafal

Did you find the solution to this issue?, As I am facing same issue in my org.

Thanks