function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
BPOORBPOOR 

How to enable Edit button on Content Document?

I am working on an assignment in which I added couple of custom fields on the Content version object. The custom fields are showing up on the page layout. I want to enable the users on a specific profile to be able to edit the custom fields from the page layout. However, the Edit button is not appearing on the page layout. I am only seeing the "Deliver Content" and "Download" button for the users under this profile. For this profile, I have enabled the following settings.

1) Manage Salesforce CRM Content
2) Manage Content Permissions
3) Manage Content Properties.

However, I am still not able to see the EDIT button which allows the users to update the custom fields. Can someone help?

See the screenshot below for the buttons showing up on the Content page layout.

Page layout for the users under specific profile.

Below is what I am seeing under the System Administrator page.

Page Layout of System Administrator where Edit button is showing up.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
pnb.
Raj VakatiRaj Vakati
Refer this link 

Reason 1 : 

https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000220281&type=1

Reason 2 : 

You need to edit the Library Permissions. Go into Setup-->Customize-->Salesforce Files-->Content Permissions-->EDIT Library Administrator Permission as that is what's assigned to the user-->Make sure that Add Content Checkbox is checked. 
BPOORBPOOR
Hi Raj,

Thanks for your response, I have already done that. Based on your response, I also created all the browser history and cache and restarted the browser. However, still I am not getting the EDIT button on the Content detail page layout.

Bruno ZangirolamiBruno Zangirolami
If the user can read the content and have the permissions to Edit, but still cant see the edit list, check the sharing settings and owd. As System Administrator you can see all those options because you have Modify All permission. Create a content document with the user profile and check if the options list is available. If yes, then by fixing the sharing settings your problem will be resolved.