function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Amy Farrah FowlerAmy Farrah Fowler 

Comment box for a visual force page

Hello there,

I am working on a visual force page that it is used as a Web to Lead form. I would like to add a new comment box. I added the code below but it somehow adds a predifine text when I try to submit the form. Also , I need a big comment box ( I need to add up to 500 characters) but the one that shows it is very small.

<div class="form-group">
                            <label for="description"> Tell us what interest you and how we can help *</label>

<input type="text" id="description" ng-model="data.description" name="description" ng-required="true" class="form-control" ng-disabled="waiting" ng-pattern="textPattern2" maxlength="500"/>
                            <span ng-class="{active:form.description.$invalid&&(form.description.$touched || showErrors)}"
                                  class="ui-state-error message">Tell us what interest you and how we can help.</span>
                        </div>
Thank you in advance.
Amy
PabitraPabitra
Hi  Amy Farrah Fowler,

Please try this,

<label for="Description">Description</label><textarea type="text" rows="7" cols="60" name="description"></textarea>

Many Thanks!
Pabitra
Mamatha SrinivasMamatha Srinivas
<apex:pageBlockSection title="Comments" collapsible="false">
              <apex:inputTextarea value="{!opp.Comments__c}" style="width:250px;height:100px;"/>
          </apex:pageBlockSection>