function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
shyam Sundar 101shyam Sundar 101 

Help me on this QR Code

How to generate QR Code fro SFDC to cature Event Attendees. I have a Picklist Field (Attended - Yes/No) . I installed a barcode from PlayStore for Android. And Kept a QR code field as a formula field in PageLayout. I need to Change the Attended picklist value as YES. Once evry time the QR Code is scanned by the attendee.
Sainath VenkatSainath Venkat
@Shyam Sundar,

Once QR code is scanned, are you creating any record in salesforce?
hi Sai,

No Need an field update for the picklist field Attended__c as Yes once the QR CODE is Scanned...
Sainath VenkatSainath Venkat
@Shyam,

I don't think it is possible to update the field the moment it is scanned as Scanning using thirs party apps does not do anything to Salesforce database.

I too had similar requirement.

When a Contact or Lead is assigned to Campaign ( I mean when a Campaign Member record is created) then I am sending out an email to user which contains barcode(barcode contains 18 digit campaign member Id), once it is scanned then I am creating a record in "Event_Attendee__c" object which stores 18 digit campaign member id, then based on that Id, I am updating picklist field on Campaign Member object to Yes.

But the moment scanned then updating picklist field is not possible as per my knowledge as I already did lot of research on this.
@sai

Okay Sai i'm trying ... Stay in touch ll try to resolve n let u knw.
+91-8122287809