function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Anthony MontoyaAnthony Montoya 

Embed Apex Iframe to an account page.

Hello everyone, I am quite new to salesforce but we are trying to develop an integration with salesforce and my company's platform. Basically we want to have an iframe in their Account page that pulls content from our site and displays it in that section. 

Am I able to put an apex component or page into an existing accounts page? If so, could someone point me in the right direction on how to add a custom component to an existing page?

What we want to accomplish: Just a section on their account page that pulls content from our platform via AJAX or I guess an Apex Iframe.
If anyone has any ideas or suggestions on stuff I can try that would be extremely helpful. 

Thank you all so much!
mohd anasmohd anas

Hi Anthony,

Yes it can be done. The first this that you need to do is the whitelisting of your company'y endpoint so that salesforce could successfully communicate with the other systems. This can be done by adding the domain in the Remote Site Settings of your salesforce org (Setup > Remote Site Settings).

Then you need to create your visualforce component as you want and keep that component in visualforce page making the standardController of that visualforce page the Object (in whose record page you want to place this page), which is in your case "Account".

Now when you go on the page layout of the account object and open it in edit mode in the top sections you would be able to find "Visualforce Pages" which will show your created page that you can keep in layout where ever you want.
User-added image  

After positioning your vfpage in the detail page you can also set its with and height by clicking on the icon as shown below
User-added image

I hope it helps.