function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Derrick Abbey 21Derrick Abbey 21 

Automatically start chat on page load

We have a chat using embedded services on one of our web pages.  What I would like to be able to do is have the chat window automatically begin at the prechat page when the page loads if there is a given url parameter present.  Is there any way to do this?
Best Answer chosen by Derrick Abbey 21
So, I ended up figuring this out.  Just in case anyone ever encounters this, here's how I did it.  In the embedded service code snippet, I added a function that used Jquery to find the chat element and click it.  I then called that function in the function that initializes the chat.

All Answers

So, I ended up figuring this out.  Just in case anyone ever encounters this, here's how I did it.  In the embedded service code snippet, I added a function that used Jquery to find the chat element and click it.  I then called that function in the function that initializes the chat.
This was selected as the best answer
Bhaskar RBhaskar R
We are also trying to implement similar functionality. We have embedded our Einstein bot vf page in a lightning component as an iframe. We want to the bot to be automatically get launched on page load.

Could you please provide your sample code snippet, as mentioned in above logic how you have implemented the solution that helps to resolve our issue.