function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Lorant DobrondiLorant Dobrondi 

Process email attachment and load data into Salesforce

Hello,

Our company has an email address where we receive a list of leads every week.
We're currently manually checking this email address, downloading the list of leads (it's a .csv file), and then using a batch loader to load the data into Salesforce.

Since this is sent to us in an automated way, we would also like to load this data into Salesforce, in a completely automated way.

Is there a way to fetch these incoming emails,  process their attachments, and load them directly into Salesforce, without the need of human interaction?

Alternatively: are there any usable tools out there, which could help with this?

Neha AggrawalNeha Aggrawal
Hi Lorant,

I had a similar requirement, where we used to receive status of checks from the bank. We needed to update this in Salesforce. The file was always same and received everyday. 
I used an open source tool called Pentaho Data Integration (PDI). One person would everyday download and save the file to a folder. PDI tool would run its job at a scheduled time, on finding a new file it would process it and attach a time stamp. Next time, the tool would ignore this file.

There might be some more tools available for your requirement, this is the tool that I used simply because it was open source, free and easy to learn.
Let me know if you would like to discuss more.

I hope you find the above solution helpful.
Thanks and Regards, 
Neha Aggrawal
initaura.com
Ana NetoAna Neto
This really looks like something you should automate... it must be a pain to this every week!

I think a good tool for this would be Connect Bridge by Connecting Software. I think you could fetch the incoming e-mail with their Exchange connector and then put the info in Salesforce using their Salesforce connector (which is the one they use for their  Document Extractor Built for Salesforce platform).
Lorant DobrondiLorant Dobrondi

@Neha Aggrawal: The thing that you mentioned is similar to what we already have. I want to automate everything from getting the email, to parsing the attachment, and then creating the Salesforce objects.