function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jose Alvarado 19Jose Alvarado 19 

Is it possible to create a Custom Quick Access Menu?

So essentially I am trying to create some kind of overlay like the Quick Access Menu that admins have the ability to use to view fields, objects, page layouts, etc. I just want to create a custom one that allows users to view details of certain records. For instance, if a customer calls while they are in the middle of doing something, they can open the quick access menu and view the details of that customer without having to leave the page that they are on. Yes, I know opening a new tab, searching for that customer, opening the record, etc. is easy, but our environment has SO MANY details that it's often hard for our not so technical end-users to find the important details that they need the most right away. That's where the quick access menu comes in.

I tried to find the code for the existing quick access menu but I cannot find it anywhere. I just wanted to use that as a reference so I could duplicate it and replace the elements with my own custom elements in order for it to show what I need. Any help, info, or direction would be incredibly helpful.