function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AbAb 

Adding fields in report types

Hello,

I am not able to see the fields in the report ?
Is it related to report type, if yes, how can i change it ?

Thank you for suggestion !

Best Answer chosen by Ab
Khan AnasKhan Anas (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Greetings to you!

Two things to check:

1. Check the field level security of the fields. Setup-> Object Manager-> Your object -> Fields & Relationships-> Your field-> Set Field-Level Security.
Make sure that your field is visible to the user's profile.

2. If you are using custom report type, goto Setup-> Search Report Types in quick find box-> Select Report Type-> Under "Fields Available for Reports" section, there is a button "Edit Layout", click on this button. This will show the list of available fields. 
On the right side of the screen, there is a box which has a list of fields available which is not in the report layout. You can add the field to the report which is missing to your report.

I hope it helps you.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future. It will help to keep this community clean.

Thanks and Regards,
Khan Anas

All Answers

Sunil RathoreSunil Rathore
Hi Sandrine,

Yes, it is related to the report type. That field is not added in the report type. To add the fields in the report type follow these steps:
  1. Type Report Type in the quick search box.
  2. Select Report type.
  3. Select a particular report type you are using.
  4. Click on Edit Layout in Fields Available for Reports section present in the bottom.
  5. Select an object from the View picklist present in the right-hand side and just drag and drop that field
  6. Save the report type.
Hope this will help you. If does then mark it as the best answer so it can also help others in the future.

Many Thanks,
Sunil Rathore

Khan AnasKhan Anas (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi,

Greetings to you!

Two things to check:

1. Check the field level security of the fields. Setup-> Object Manager-> Your object -> Fields & Relationships-> Your field-> Set Field-Level Security.
Make sure that your field is visible to the user's profile.

2. If you are using custom report type, goto Setup-> Search Report Types in quick find box-> Select Report Type-> Under "Fields Available for Reports" section, there is a button "Edit Layout", click on this button. This will show the list of available fields. 
On the right side of the screen, there is a box which has a list of fields available which is not in the report layout. You can add the field to the report which is missing to your report.

I hope it helps you.

Kindly let me know if it helps you and close your query by marking it as solved so that it can help others in the future. It will help to keep this community clean.

Thanks and Regards,
Khan Anas
This was selected as the best answer