function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sabrina Oliveira 3Sabrina Oliveira 3 

How can I notify the record owner when a new Item or Comment is created in Chatter Feed?

I would like to be notified everytime a new Item is created in the Chatter Feed of that record I'm the owner even if my @ is not tagged. Is it possible? 
Best Answer chosen by Sabrina Oliveira 3
mukesh guptamukesh gupta
Hi Sabrina,

there are some possibilities.

1) install some free app from appexchange which will provide auto-follow capatibilities (you will set the rules what should be automaticaly followed; like record owner etc). Once having that, turn on email notification on chatter posts.

2) if opportunuty owners are in majority of cases same users who created opportunity, then you can use "Automatically follow records that I create" setting (ask your users to turn it on under "my chatter settings"). Once having that, turn on email notification on chatter posts.

Then you don't need (1), however you may need (1) for auto-unfollow as there is limit how many records users can follow (which is 500)

3) If above is not OK for you, and you have enterprise or unlimited eddition and some programmer in house;-), you may also implement an apex trigger on chatter post and implement custom logic of sending email on chatter post event .

if you need any assistanse, Please let me know!!

Kindly mark my solution as the best answer if it helps you.

Thanks
Mukesh

All Answers

AnkaiahAnkaiah (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Sabrina,

Currenty this is not possible in salesforce. Please refer the below refernce for more information.

https://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/77871/email-to-record-followers-on-every-post-or-comment-to-the-record

Please vote for the below idea if you required this fuctionality.

https://ideas.salesforce.com/s/idea/a0B8W00000GdlGuUAJ/chatter-email-settings-notify-when-someone-posts-to-an-object-im-following

If this helps, please mark it as best answer.

Regards,
Ankaiah Bandi
mukesh guptamukesh gupta
Hi Sabrina,

there are some possibilities.

1) install some free app from appexchange which will provide auto-follow capatibilities (you will set the rules what should be automaticaly followed; like record owner etc). Once having that, turn on email notification on chatter posts.

2) if opportunuty owners are in majority of cases same users who created opportunity, then you can use "Automatically follow records that I create" setting (ask your users to turn it on under "my chatter settings"). Once having that, turn on email notification on chatter posts.

Then you don't need (1), however you may need (1) for auto-unfollow as there is limit how many records users can follow (which is 500)

3) If above is not OK for you, and you have enterprise or unlimited eddition and some programmer in house;-), you may also implement an apex trigger on chatter post and implement custom logic of sending email on chatter post event .

if you need any assistanse, Please let me know!!

Kindly mark my solution as the best answer if it helps you.

Thanks
Mukesh
This was selected as the best answer