function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Scott BrunsonScott Brunson 

Help, How to add Picklist number values

Team,  new to this area and may not be using the correct terminology.  Need help w/ formula for adding picklist values. I've been know for going around my elbow to get to my thumb so I'm sure there is an easier way. 

Formula I am using is:
VALUE(BLANKVALUE(TEXT(Equipment_Time__c), '0'))/60 +
VALUE(BLANKVALUE(TEXT(Inventory_Time__c), '0'))/60 +
VALUE(BLANKVALUE(TEXT(Lab_Time__c), '0'))/60

This works. 

Here's my problem.
They have requested me to add two more rows -  (Equipment_Time_2_c), (Equipment_Time_3_c).  I tried this formula (got no sytax error) but numbers are adding up correctly.   Can you help direct me please? Please Help! 

VALUE(BLANKVALUE(TEXT(Equipment_Time__c) + (TEXT(Equipment_Time_2__c) +(TEXT(Equipment_Time_3__c ))), '0'))/60 +
VALUE(BLANKVALUE(TEXT(Inventory_Time__c) + (TEXT(Inventory_Time_2__c) + (TEXT(Inventory_Time_3__c ))), '0'))/60 +
VALUE(BLANKVALUE(TEXT(Lab_Time__c) + (TEXT(Lab_Time_2__c) + (TEXT(Lab_Time_3__c ))), '0'))/60

Service Number formula
Total Hours formula that rolls up from child to parent
Showing decimal numbers in picklist value added work with single line entries
API values I am using to get time values
Zachary SingerZachary Singer
Hi Scott,
You have the BLANKVALUE() function encompassing all 3 fields of each row
VALUE(BLANKVALUE(TEXT(Equipment_Time__c) + (TEXT(Equipment_Time_2__c) +(TEXT(Equipment_Time_3__c ))), '0'))/60

I think you'd want to have it separately for each field, otherwise a blank field might have unexpected results
(VALUE(BLANKVALUE(TEXT(Equipment_Time__c), '0')) + VALUE(BLANKVALUE(TEXT(Equipment_Time_2__c), '0')) + VALUE(BLANKVALUE(TEXT(Equipment_Time_3__c), '0')))/60

You could also simplify the entire formula by adding all fields together before dividing by 60, you don't need to divide 3 times.
Scott BrunsonScott Brunson
Thank you Zach for you help.