function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sam Sam 85Sam Sam 85 

Knowledge Object Search in Action Dialog Gives Error on Answer Field

Hi everyone,

I am currently experiencing an issue with the "Action" dialog's "Object Search" on the "Knowledge" object in the Einstein Bot.

I have an action dialog set up where the:

1.  Action Type:          Object Search
2.  Object:             Knowledge
3.  Search Criteria:    [System] Last Customer Input
4.    Selected Fields:    Title, Answer

When I click on the "Save" button, it throws the following error:
Custom Field Definition ID: bad value for restricted picklist field: Knowledge__kav.Answer__c

The data type of the "Answer" field of the "Knowledge" object is "Rich Text Area(32768).

I tried searching around and looking to see why this error is occurring and where I could fix it.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find a solution to this issue.  I'm currently stuck on this problem.  Out of the box, this should work.  The "Answer" field and its data type was created automatically by the Salesforce system when I went through the Knowledge Setup flow.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much

User-added image
Izzy DeveloperIzzy Developer
The problem is either field type or permissions. The bot doesn't seem to like Rich Text Fields. Check/try these steps:
1. Field type - create a text area field (Knowledge > Answer_copy__c) and also create a flow/trigger that copies and content of Answer__c into the new field. Use this copy field in the bot. Or you can change Answer__c field type to something other than rich text. Same logic applies to Question__c.
2. Make sure that permission set named "sfdc.chatbot.service.permset" has access to Knowledge object and field(s).