function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Parr YoungParr Young 

NOW() not setting time in process builder to a datetime filed

OK, So I have a datetime field that I would like to set a time stamp when another filed updates to a certain status.
  • I created a datetime field
  • Created a process that updates the date time field when the criterea is met
  • Used NOW() as the formula to set the field to
Here in is the problem. The field is getting updated with the correct date, just not the correct time. Now before anyone attempts to go down the conversation of timezone issues, it's not. It's literallay just setting the time to 5:00 pm every time. No minutes ever. Just 5:00 pm.

So I tested by creating a standard formula field, set the return type to datetime and set the formula to NOW() and sure enough, every time I refresh the page I get the accurate and updated time.  It's just when SF sets my datetime field via Process Builder, it only shows 5:00 pm. Even when the other formula field that uses the exact same formula shows the correct time. I'm sure it's just something small I'm missing. Thanks in advance for anay help! 
Zachary SingerZachary Singer
Hi Parr,
Can you share a screenshot of the process builder action? I tried this in a dev org and it worked as expected. Also make sure you don't have any other automation updating that field 
NOW()