function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
TNiemanTNieman 

How can I connect Knowledge Version object with Knowledge Article Views?

I need to be able to report on the Article Views with custom fields that are in the Knowledge Version object.

I've tried Report types but it won't let me connect them together.

SF Help said that a developer could help me.  I am an very experienced Admin and a little Dev experience. I'm not sure how this can be done by a developer.

Any ideas?
PriyaPriya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hey,

See this link that might help you :- https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=sf.knowledge_custom_reports_type.htm&type=5

Thanks!
TNiemanTNieman
Thanks for the link

When I start the Report Type at Knowledge as A, and Knowledge Version as B, Knowledge Article Views is not an option for C

I need to have Knowldege Version because that is where the custom fields that are needed exist.  I can't start with Knowledge Version as A either

That link says "Report types for the search, view, vote, and version history objects don’t have secondary relationships" so I can't start with those.

As I said Salesforce Help Desk person said "...if you wish to add custom fields for other primary objects in the Knowledge report, you may consult your internal developer for possible custom coding"  We don't have any SF developers, so I'm checking with this forum.