function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Joyce WilliamsJoyce Williams 

Actively using legacy API endpoints

We received an email regarding actively using legacy API endpoints. We understand that we need to take action before May 2022 and we have read the Salesforce article, Salesforce Platform API Versions 7.0 through 20.0 Retirement. We are a small organization and do not have a SalesForce developer to understand what action we need to take to ensure we don't have any interruptions when the retirement takes place. Could someone please help us understand exactly what is it we need to do with an easy-to-understand explanation? We opened a case with Salesforce and were told to post our question here. Any assistance would greatly be appreciated!
VinayVinay (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Joyce,

You can check below article and specifically with header "How do I know if impacted versions of the Legacy APIs are used in my applications" and that should give you information about legacy API's.

https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=000351312&type=1

Please mark as Best Answer if above information was helpful.

Thanks,
Joyce WilliamsJoyce Williams
Hello, thank you for your reply. That was the article I referenced in my question. We tried reading it and it is too difficult to understand as we don't have Salesforce Developer skills/knowledge. That is why we are looking for an easier to understand answer. If you can provide, that would be great.
Debaranjan GhoshDebaranjan Ghosh
Hello Joyce,

Developers can find out what when Wrong as per the information mentioned and also it  requires a license to Event Monitoring.

https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=000380623&type=1

How did I know if impacted versions of the Legacy APIs were used in my applications?

To identify applications using APIs that will be retired, contact the developers of applications you use in your org to determine what API versions are being used.

If you cannot contact the developers of your applications, you can review event logs that report SOAP and REST API activity from your Salesforce orgs by following these steps: 

Use a tool such as the Salesforce CLI to run a SOQL query against the EventLogFile* object, which will provide you with a log of all actions taken within your org during the last 24 hours.
sfdx force:data:soql:query -q "SELECT LogFile, EventType, CreatedDate FROM EventLogFile WHERE EventType IN ('API', 'RestApi', 'ApiTotalUsage')" -u <your-username>
For each result, perform a REST request using the endpoint to obtain the data and copy into a .CSV file.
e.g. /services/data/v52.0/sobjects/EventLogFile/0AT3i000005vXpWGAU/LogFile
Paste the response body into an application such as Excel to more easily view the event log data as a .CSV file.
Review each .CSV file and determine if requests are being made to endpoints with API versions 20 and below.
SOAP / API EventType -- review values in column API_VERSION for records of API_TYPE of “E” or “P”
REST / RestApi EventType -- review values in column URI and note endpoints featuring “/v20.0” or lower in the path
API Total Usage / ApiTotalUsage EventType -- review all events with API_VERSION of 20 and below
Any integrations that consume versions 20 and below will be impacted by this API retirement.
*Access to “API” and “RestAPI” EventLogFile types requires a license to Event Monitoring.