function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Robert Webber 12Robert Webber 12 

apex:tabPanel tabs not showing

I deployed a package into a new sandbox and some tabPanel tabs are not showing. I am viewing as system adimin in the new sandbox. The tabs in the VF below within <apex:form>  don't show, but they do show in my developer sandbox. The enhanced list tabs below show up in both. The VF page is enabled for lightning (which I'm using). Am I missing something in terms of other permisstions?

I have oher VF pages and can modify them from the new sandbox.

I have removed the detail on the form tabs within the pageblocks in the page detai below,

Thanks,

Bob

<apex:page docType="html-5.0" sidebar="False" controller="AdminPageControllerExt" LightningStyleSheets="True">
    <apex:tabPanel switchType="Server" id="DemoDataPanel">
        <apex:form >
            <apex:tab label="Run Projections" name="DemoData" id="tabDemo" labelWidth="150px">                
                <apex:pageBlock >
                </apex:pageBlock>
            </apex:tab>

<apex:tab label="Admin Options" name="AdminOptions" id="tabAdminOptions" labelWidth="150px">               
                <apex:pageBlock id="idAdminOptionBlock">
        </apex:form>

<apex:tab label="P&L Centers" name="PLCenters" id="tabPLCenters" labelWidth="150px">
            <apex:pageBlock id="idPLCenters">              
                <apex:enhancedList type="P_L_Center__c" height="800"/>              

<apex:tab label="Stakeholders" name="StakeholderData" id="idStakeholderData" labelWidth="150px">
            <apex:tabPanel switchType="Server" id="StakeholderPanel">
                <apex:tab label="Stakeholders" name="Stakeholders" labelWidth="150px">                  
                    <apex:enhancedList type="Stakeholder__c" height="800" customizable="True"/>                  
                <apex:tab label="Questions" name="Questions" labelWidth="150px">                   
                    <apex:enhancedList type="Stakeholder_Interview_Question__c" height="800"/>                  
            </apex:tabPanel>

<apex:tab label="Work Categories" name="WorkTypeData" id="idWorkTypeData" labelWidth="150px">

<apex:tabPanel switchType="Server" id="WorkTypePanel">
                <apex:tab label="Work Request Types" name="Work Requests" labelWidth="150px">

<apex:enhancedList type="Work_Request_Type__c" height="800" customizable="True"/>

<apex:tab label="Work Sources" name="Work Sources" labelWidth="150px">

<apex:enhancedList type="Work_Source__c" height="800"/>

</apex:page>

Best Answer chosen by Robert Webber 12
I found the problem. I was missing a VF page in the managed package I deployed so I created the page from the developer console of the target sandbox. I deleted that page in the new sandbox and sent it and its tab to the sandbox with a change set. That worked.

All Answers

I did a bit more investigation. If I put <apex:form> around any tab containing a control on this page, like a commandbutton, the control will not show up. However,  if there is text within the same form scope the tab shows up, but without the commandbutton. Any ideas? 
I found the problem. I was missing a VF page in the managed package I deployed so I created the page from the developer console of the target sandbox. I deleted that page in the new sandbox and sent it and its tab to the sandbox with a change set. That worked.
This was selected as the best answer