function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Robert Webber 12Robert Webber 12 

User Default App Has no Navigation

I have a custom app called CxFO. I created  a user to test in a sandbox with a different profile. I cloned the Salesforce Limited Access free license profile. I set the default app to CxFO. When I log in as the new user I get, "Well this is awkward. This app doesn't have any navigation items or you can't access them." I only see a tab for Sales and "no items", as if it's not in the default app.

I clicked on the user settings to customize the tabas. When I click to modify tabs it shows Salesforce Chatter selected as in the image below. When I select CxFO, it does show that the tabs I expect are selected. Is this user not seeing the default CxFO app after logging in? I look in app launcher and CxFO is not available, yet it shows in the dropdown image below.

Can anyone help me have the new user see the CxFO custom app with the right tabs displayed after logon? What's going on here?

User-added image
Best Answer chosen by Robert Webber 12
I found the problem. I had to upgrade the app in lightning app manager to create the lightning version.

All Answers

PriyaPriya (Salesforce Developers) 
Hey Robert,

Can you confirm if the user have access to the tabs/objects available under the CxFO app?

Does System admin able to access the apps and its tab ?

Thanks!
More information. When the new user switches to salesforce classic, all the tabs in the CxFO app are visible and working. If they switch back to lightning, they just see the the sales and no items tabs. The app tabs must be available but for some reason they can't see them in lightning mode. As system administrator, I see all the pages in lightning mode.

Also, when the new user customizes their tabs, they have all the app pages visible and selected. But, doesn't work in lightning mode.

Does that help?

Thanks for your help! 
I found the problem. I had to upgrade the app in lightning app manager to create the lightning version.
This was selected as the best answer