function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sarah Maze 18Sarah Maze 18 

Logo not displaying to users in Experience Cloud

I am making some updates to our customer community, and one of the updates is to use our new company logo. When I published the changes, the logo as well as the background image in the Hero and Compact Header are not displaying to the community users.  

The images (Asset Files) are shared with the community users with a share type of Viewer and visibility of All Users. Is there another permission that the users need to be able to see the Asset Files? 
SwethaSwetha (Salesforce Developers) 
HI Sarah,
Are you able to see them in preview mode (logged in user Vs Guest user)? 

Also, have you verified if the setting "Let guest users view asset files and CMS content available to the site preference is enabled in Administration | Preferences in Experience Workspaces.

Thanks

Hi Swetha,

Yes, the logo displays in the Hero and Compact Header in preview mode, but when I publish the changes, it does not display to the users logged in to the community. The same is true for the background image used in the Hero and Compact Header.

The logo used on the login page displays fine to the guest user, which I find interesting. That setting is enabled, and the guest users are not encountering any issues. It's the users logged in to the community who cannot view the images. But the images are shared to the site which should grant them access, so I'm not sure why they cannot see them.

Thank you.

Sarah

I opened a case with Salesforce and learned that in order for community users to view logo and header files, their profile must have Chatter enabled. Interesting. I wanted to update in case it helps anyone else.
Opeyemi AdetolaOpeyemi Adetola

Hi Sarah, Thanks for answer you provided. However, I am currently having the same issue with some profiles in our Org. I checked and Chatter is enable for the profiles, yet hero image doesn't show when users of the profile login to the community. 

Profile >>> System Permissions >>> Enable Chatter

Is  there any other way to enable Chatter for profiles?