function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Markus SchormannMarkus Schormann 

Validation Rule Adding Percent Field Values

Dear all, 
I have 3 custom percent fields and want to create a validation rule with these conditions:
  • either Field 1 = 100%
  • or Field 1 + 2 = 100%
  • or Field 1 + 2 + 3 = 100%
I tried to set it up like this but unfortunately it didn't work, the validation fired although sum of field 1&2 was 100%

OR(Field1__c <>1,
Field1__c + Field2__c <> 1,
Field1__c + Field2__c + Field3__c <> 1)

Kindly advise

Thanks and best

Markus

Best Answer chosen by Markus Schormann
Sai PraveenSai Praveen (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Markus,

Can you try the below.

Replace Percentage3__c with field3, Percentage2__c with field2, Percentage1__c with field1
IF( AND(ISBLANK( Percentage3__c ), Percentage1__c + Percentage2__c <>1),TRUE, IF(AND(ISBLANK( Percentage3__c ),ISBLANK( Percentage2__c ),Percentage1__c<>1 ),TRUE, IF(AND(NOT(ISBLANK( Percentage3__c )),NOT(ISBLANK( Percentage2__c )),NOT(ISBLANK( Percentage1__c )),Percentage1__c + Percentage2__c+Percentage3__c <>1),TRUE,FALSE)
)
)

If this solution helps, Please mark it as best answer.

Thanks,

All Answers

Hi Markus,

I hope you should be using AND condition as it is negative scenerio. Can you try the below rule.

AND(Field1__c <>1,
Field1__c + Field2__c <> 1,
Field1__c + Field2__c + Field3__c <> 1)

Thanks,

Hi Sai,

thank you for your reply. Unfortunately this change wasn't the solution, now the Validation rule isn't firing at all.
Hi Markus,

I have tested using the above formula and it is working. I have given 20,30,20 in the three field and so the validation rule got fired. Can you specify what values you have given.

Thanks,

Hi Sai

Oddly this fires when Field1__c + Field2__c + Field3__c <> 1 but not when Field1__c + Field2__c <> 1 OR Field1__c <>1
Hi Markus,

Can you try the below.

Replace Percentage3__c with field3, Percentage2__c with field2, Percentage1__c with field1
IF( AND(ISBLANK( Percentage3__c ), Percentage1__c + Percentage2__c <>1),TRUE, IF(AND(ISBLANK( Percentage3__c ),ISBLANK( Percentage2__c ),Percentage1__c<>1 ),TRUE, IF(AND(NOT(ISBLANK( Percentage3__c )),NOT(ISBLANK( Percentage2__c )),NOT(ISBLANK( Percentage1__c )),Percentage1__c + Percentage2__c+Percentage3__c <>1),TRUE,FALSE)
)
)

Thanks,

This was selected as the best answer