function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sreelakshmi AsokanSreelakshmi Asokan 

I am able to see few record types in my account object and able to create record successfully with them even though the roles has read access

Hello Everyone,

So I have 2 UAT environments, in one I am able to see and create records of particular record types which has read access only while in another environment i cant see or create records. Have gone through OWD, SHARING Rules, Permission sets public group and didnt find anything. Can someone please help me with this
InzamamulInzamamul (Salesforce Developers) 
Hello Sreelakshmi,

I would request you to please check the permission sets and the sharing rule once again and I would suggest you to please check the below steps to see the difference in the permission sets and sharing rules:

1)Try clearing your browser cache and cookies. Sometimes, outdated cache and cookies can cause problems with Salesforce.

2)Try logging in as a different user to see if they are able to see and create records of the particular record type. If they are, then the issue is likely specific to your user account.

3)Check the sharing rules for the particular record type. You can check by going to Setup > Object Manager > Object Name > Sharing Rules.

4)Check the manual sharing settings for the particular record type. You can check by going to Setup > Object Manager > [Object Name] > Sharing Settings.

Note: Please make sure that the record types are enabled in the second UAT environment. You can check this by going to Setup > Customize > Objects and Fields > Object Manager > [Record Type Name] > Settings.

Please take the help of the below articles which can help you with the above steps to resolve the issue:

https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=sf.perm_sets_overview.htm&type=5

https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=sf.security_about_sharing_rules.htm&language=en_US&release=246.11.0&type=5

Please mark this as a best answer if this helps.

Thank You!