function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ahonahon 

update parent record picklist if all child record have the same value

Im trying to get a parent record's picklist field to update when all (not one) child records are in the same picklist value/status. Should I use a roll-up summary and flow? Pleasse let me know if you have any solutions or reccomendations.

Arun Kumar 1141Arun Kumar 1141
Hi @Ahon,

If you want to change the value of the picklist field on the parent record based on the picklist value of the child, you should use flow. Not a roll-up summary.

If you found your solution, please mark it as the best answer.
thanks
ahonahon
Ive used a record triggered flow, triggering from child object and used the get child records element. The specific parameters Im stuck on are -- every child record must have same picklist value in order for parent record picklist value to update. I understand one solution is using loop and assignment elements but I do not understand what this needs to look like.

If there are 4 child records and 3 of 4 are in one status and 1 is in the other, parent record picklist value should not update. If all 4 are in the same status, parent record picklist value should update.
ahonahon
I dont know if replying to an unresolved question will bring it up to the top again but Im still trying to find a solution for this -- if all child records have a picklist value of "Authorized", then update parent record to "Pay Request"; if not all child records have the same picklist value of "Authorized," then update parent record to "Partial Pay Request."