function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jeremy Evans 8Jeremy Evans 8 

Challenge Fail - Creating Custom Objects

In reference to the follwoing Challenge.

This challenge requires you to create a custom object with a few custom fields. This object will describe trail information for a park and hence will need to track name, distance and the last date it was inspected.Create a custom object with 'Trail' as the Label and Object Name. The resulting API name will need to be 'Trail__c'.
The Name field for Trail must be a Text type (not Auto Number).
Add a custom field to Trail of the 'Text Area (Long)' type, which has the field name and label 'Description' and a resulting API name of 'Description__c'. The field should have the default character length of 32,768.
Add a custom field to Trail of the 'Number' type (length of 3 and 0 decimal places), which has the field name and label 'Distance' and a resulting API name of 'Distance__c'.
Add a custom field to Trail of the 'Date' (not 'Date/Time') type, which has the field label 'Last Inspection Date' and name 'Last_Inspection_Date' and a resulting API name of 'Last_Inspection_Date__c'.Completed this challenge but I keep getting an error message.

I've completed the challeng but I keep getting the error message that it can't find the object. I've double checked the spelling and relaunched/ reconnected my developer and still no success.
Jithin Krishnan 2Jithin Krishnan 2
Hi Jeremy,
Can you please post a screenshot of your object?
Thanks,
JK
Sure thing, User-added image
The Trail object looks fine. As I can't see your custom fields, I am posting a screen shot of mine. 

User-added image
Please check if they are the same. Make sure the spelling of API names are correct and the type of fields.
Thanks
Neetu_BansalNeetu_Bansal
Hi Jeremy,

Make sure that all your fields are visible, check the field level security.

Thanks,
Neetu
I've double checked the spelling, I'm sure I left my field level security to the defualt value so it is visible. My error message isn't even in regards to the fields it's telling me it can't find the object. I went to take a screenshot of that error but now I'm getting this error whenever I try to connect to the developer edition.

User-added image
Logout from Trailhead and developer edition. Clear cache and try again after logging in. If that doesn't work, try using a different browser. Hope it works. 
sreeni vasulusreeni vasulu
hi friends am taking challange but  im gettong error plz help me
User-added image

Neetu_BansalNeetu_Bansal
Hi Sreeni,

Please update the API Name of the field Description to Description__c.

Thanks,
Neetu
sreeni vasulusreeni vasulu
Thanks neetu..........
Mohammad AsimMohammad Asim
Hi guys,

There is another issue with the challenge. Now there is an error when adding the API field name to: Description__C.

"Error: The custom field name you provided Description__c on object Trail can only contain alphanumeric characters, must begin with a letter, cannot end with an underscore or contain two consecutive underscore characters, and must be unique across all Trail fields"

User-added image
richa kansalricha kansal
I am getting the same error.