function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Nimesh ShresthaNimesh Shrestha 

Developer console not saving changes

I am creating a softphone using HTML and visualforce. Everything was working fine but suddenly I can't save my changes in developer's console.

When I checked the browser console, I see this error:
(/_ui/common/apex/debug/ApexCSIPage) Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'codeEditor' of undefinedUncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'codeEditor' of undefined
I don't have any error in my visualforce page. Nothing in developer console is saving.

Any idea what this is and how can i resolve it?

SonamSonam (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Nimesh,

Are you still facing the issue? This seems pretty strange - i couldn't find anything related or reported similar to this error you are getting. 

if you still facing the issue, could you please share your username, screenshot of error mesage and login access for support(https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?id=000003910&language=en_US)
BillHansonBillHanson
What? People have been reporting this bug for years.  I routinely get this issue especially when desiging complex VF components.

Once a component gets this bug, it can no longer be saved in the Dev Console and must be edited using the old CKEDITOR under Setup or in an IDE like Force.com or MavensMate.  All other methods work, only issue is with the Dev Console.

Behavior:
When attempting to save a change to a VF component in the Dev Console, the save fails and the Problems view shows an entry with no description on line zero.

Viewing the Dev Tools console in Chrome, the exact errors are:

(/_ui/common/apex/debug/ApexCSIPage) Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'codeEditor' of undefined
log @ main.js:391

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'codeEditor' of undefined
ApexIDEPanels_Ext4.js:523

I think this started happening in summer 2013.