function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Samyra ChrispSamyra Chrisp 

is there a way to automatically update the account when the opportunity is created from the contact

I have user who uses the contact record instead of the account to create opportunities.  When he does, the contact information is automatically available, However the Account information is not and it has to be looked up to enter it.  Is there a way to automate this so that the account info automatically fills in?
PalanPalan
1) validation rule to make sure Account info is filled in Opportunites
2) create a workflow rule that updates the account info on opportunity based on contact information

Thanks
vinod

Samyra ChrispSamyra Chrisp
The contact is always added when the opportunity is created from the contact record. The Account is a required field, and the opportunity will not save if it is not entered, so I haven’t been able to get a workflow to do it. I can try again, maybe I missed something. Thanks, Samyra Chrisp Application Engineer All Covered - IT Services from Konica Minolta www.AllCovered.com 1431 Greenway Drive, Suite 200 Dallas, TX 75038 Mobile: 214.686.0618 Email: schrisp@AllCovered.com
PalanPalan
I think so validation rule should make sure Account info is filled in Opportunites and will not let user to proceed