function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Praneeth PPraneeth P 

How to change the Opportunity Record Type from Read Only Recordtype?

Hi All, 

I was trying to resolve a defect that is currently allowing sales users to change the opportunity stage after the Opportunity Stage = Closed Won.
For this I followed these steps below:

1) Created "Read Only Page layout" - Read only (to hide the (edit/ delete) buttons for sales reps)
2) Created one record type to assign the Read Only Page layout
3) Created one WFR - with field update action as follows:
User-added image

Now, it resolves the defect which I had earlier. Although this record type works to limit editing for the sales reps, the issue now becomes that I cannot change or revert it back to its original Record Type and we report off of Record Types. 

User-added image

When I click on "Change", it gives me the option to select the Record Type from the picklist. However, after I save the record and scroll down to the System Information, the Opportunity Record Type is still the same - Read Only Recordtype.

It is an urgent need to resolve this issue. Please suggest how to fix this? Thanks.
Best Answer chosen by Praneeth P
Ketankumar PatelKetankumar Patel
Hi Praneeth,

what is your workflow evaluation Criteria?

If you've selected "Created and every time it's edited" then you should change it to "created, and any time it’s edited to subsequently meet criteria."

User-added image

All Answers

Ketankumar PatelKetankumar Patel
Hi Praneeth,

what is your workflow evaluation Criteria?

If you've selected "Created and every time it's edited" then you should change it to "created, and any time it’s edited to subsequently meet criteria."

User-added image

This was selected as the best answer
Praneeth PPraneeth P
Hi Ketan,

You are a star!!! It worked!!! Thanks so much!