function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
NinjaMagicianNinjaMagician 

Multi-Currency enabled in developer instance

Is it possible to enable multi-currency in a developer org? I know this requires sending a case, but since this is not an option within the developer instances I didn't know if there was another way to accomplish this. 
Best Answer chosen by NinjaMagician
thisisnotaprilthisisnotapril
Hi Ryan, if you will email us at developer@salesforce.com we'll assist.

All Answers

Jithin Krishnan 2Jithin Krishnan 2
You can enable multiple currencies under:
Setup -> Company Profile -> Company Information -> Select the 'Allow Support to Activate Multiple Currencies' checkbox.
Please mark the answer and close the question if this helped you.
Thanks
thisisnotaprilthisisnotapril
Hi Ryan, if you will email us at developer@salesforce.com we'll assist.
This was selected as the best answer
WalidWalid
@thisisnotapril I sent a request email with the details, but I didn't get any reply back. Is this still the propoer procedure? 
Corinne D FloresCorinne D Flores
@Walid - Did you ever hear back when you sent the email to developer@salesforce.com to get Multi-currency enabled?  Were you able to successfully enable it?
WalidWalid
Hi Corinne, No, nothing from this email. I don't know if it is still active. No idea how to enable multi currency for developer edition. Let me know if you get it to work.
Corinne D FloresCorinne D Flores
@Walid - I was able to resolve this today.  I logged into Help with active credentials from my production account.  Then I filled out a support case giving the organization ID for my developer account that I wanted multi currency enabled for.  Currencies were enabled in the developer account within less than 2 hours. Kudos to support for the quick response.
Avijit Chakraborty 63Avijit Chakraborty 63
Multi-Currency Everywhere (MCE) was enabled by default with the Winter '18 release for all existing orgs that met the criteria. MCE provides several benefits over the legacy method of enabling multi-currency, including:
  1. Removing the need to submit a case to Salesforce Support for activation.
  2. Allowing System Administrators to enable multicurrency in a few simple steps.
  3. Eliminating the need to lock out the org for the duration of the activation.
See here (https://help.salesforce.com/s/articleView?id=000313263&type=1 
So just go to SET UP -> Company Information -> Enable Multi CURRENCY