function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
anjin reddy 9anjin reddy 9 

need brief description of OWD ,Profile And Role

Hi Friends,
      Really am very much confusion of OWD,Profile and  Roles. am not understanding yet ... hope you people can clear my doubts 
    1.  Could you please explain me about OWD , Profile and Role .
   2.What is difference between OWD , Profile And Role
   3.give me some example of each.
Chandra Sekhar CH N VChandra Sekhar CH N V
1) OWD - Organization-wide sharing settings specify the default level of access to records and can be set separately for accounts (including assets and contracts), activities, contacts, campaigns, cases, leads, opportunities, calendars, price books, and custom objects. 
For most objects,
organization-wide sharing settings can be set to Private, Public Read Only, or Public Read/Write.

2)  Profile is a group/collection of settings and permissions that define what a user can do in salesforce. A profile controls “Object permissions, Field permissions, User permissions, Tab settings, App settings, Apex class access, Visualforce page access, Page layouts, Record Types, Login hours & Login IP ranges.

3) A role hierarchy controls level of visibility that users have to an organization data. By defining role hierarchies we can share access to records. Users assigned to roles near the top of hierarchies like (CEO, executives and other higher level roles) get to access the data of all users who fall directly below them.

OWD and Roles are for controlling record level access whereas profiles are for object level permissions.
raj_sfdccraj_sfdcc
Hi ,
Find the below link to understand complete Step by Step Object Level Access Vs Record Level Access in Salesforce..
Click Here For Object Level Access Vs Record Level Access (https://salessforcehacks.blogspot.com/2020/01/object-level-access-vs-record-level.html)

Please let us know if you require any further information .