function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Renato OliveiraRenato Oliveira 

Developer console hangs when referencing a managed package's protected component

When developing an app, if I install the app in a organization, and then try to reference a protected component using an anonymous code (in the developer console), if I try to run it, the console stucks with the window saying "Sending Request". It should instead report to me that the managed package's protected component (the custom label) cannot be referenced while protected.

Summary: console shouldn't get stuck with the message. Should throw an error instead.
Andy BoettcherAndy Boettcher
Good point - have you logged a case on this yet?  Unfortunately we're just community-sourced support here and can't bring visibility to issues like this.  =(
Renato OliveiraRenato Oliveira
No, I did'nt even got to send them a case. The support page sucks so bad that when I click the "Log a Case" button, Salesforce redirects me to the page that we have to specify the "level" of the problem, and when you select the option that says that it is devloper-related, they block the form, and tell me to post in the forums instead.

​Anyawy, I've searched a bit after posting this question, and protected components cannot indeed be referenced like I said, but it just feels wrong to have the console hanging instead of throwing me an error saying something like "Protected components cannot be referenced from outside a package. [component name, line]".