+ Start a Discussion
Xavier DutilleulXavier Dutilleul 

Setting up Lightning Connect - Pb with API name

Hi,
When i check challenge, i have this error message : "Challenge not yet complete... here's what's wrong: An external object with the API name Phone_Plan__x does not exist "
In fact, my API name is like that "XXX_Phone_Plan__x" where XXX is my Namespace Prefix.
How can i correct the API name ?
Best Answer chosen by Xavier Dutilleul
Hamza AbibHamza Abib
Hi Falihery,

In Salesforce, navigate to Setup, and in the navigation on the left, search for External Custom Objects. You will find the Phone Plan object here. If you click on edit for the Phone Plan object, you will be able to change the API name to meet the Challenge. 

All Answers

Hamza AbibHamza Abib
Hi Falihery,

In Salesforce, navigate to Setup, and in the navigation on the left, search for External Custom Objects. You will find the Phone Plan object here. If you click on edit for the Phone Plan object, you will be able to change the API name to meet the Challenge. 
This was selected as the best answer
Xavier DutilleulXavier Dutilleul
Hi Hamza,
i thought my problem came from the namespace prefix.  But in fact i just have to withdraw an "s" from the name to meet the challenge. Thanks for your help.
Satyendra SSatyendra S
Hi Hamza,

I am not able to change the API name. That field is not visbile on the edit mode. still the same issue with me XXX_Phone_Plan__x.

Any ideas will be great help.Thanks
Hamza AbibHamza Abib
Hi Satyendra,

This is most likely permissions related. Check if you're the Administrator of your org, and if you are, you need to check your field permissions. 
Bill KratochvilBill Kratochvil
Encountered the same issue as Satyendra S until I realized that I had to remove the "s" from both phone_plans and phones - like Satyendra I did not have access to change the API name.  After removing both "s" I passed the challenge
Nathan Talbett 12Nathan Talbett 12
Thanks Bill!
Katie LevyKatie Levy
I had this issue as well, I think the wording of the bullets in the challenge is confusing. If there was no mention of changing the API name, it would be significantly less frustrating, or if it was worded "From the 'Mobile Devices' external data source, validate and sync the 'phone_plans' table. Change the resulting external object name to 'Phone_Plan'. (In the background, this will change the API name to 'Phone_Plan__x'.)