function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Linked2MarkLinked2Mark 

Can this be done with a standard report?

I have market data that is reported by MSA. Each record in the MSA contains a field with the estimate gross commission available in the account named in the record. I would like to create a report that averages the top five accounts based on gross commission volume and then compares that average to an account that the user selects.

I can see how to do with a series of SQL statements but cant see how to do it with a custom report.

Any thoughts?

Best Answer chosen by Linked2Mark
Jayson Faderanga 14Jayson Faderanga 14
alright, I'm assuming you already create the report and the problem for now is how you will make the report to only show the top 5 accounts. The report you created is showing all of the accounts but what you'd like is to show only the top 5, there will be no option but to filter it out, on your report, you CAN already see top 5 accounts which is the first 5 on top if you sort it out through the estimate gross commission field. 

To filter out your report, add additional filter to show only the first 5 account records since you already know that those 5 records are the top 5. You can use their Account Id for the filter.

All Answers

Hi Mark!

the report that averages the top five accounts based on gross commission volume is possible, for the comparisson, you have 2 options. You can create a joined report type and the other is create a separate report and make the comparisson through dashboards..
Linked2MarkLinked2Mark
Jayson - thanks for the reponse. I would like to start with the simple part. How do I get a report that selects the top 5 accounts and averages gross commission?
alright, I'm assuming you already create the report and the problem for now is how you will make the report to only show the top 5 accounts. The report you created is showing all of the accounts but what you'd like is to show only the top 5, there will be no option but to filter it out, on your report, you CAN already see top 5 accounts which is the first 5 on top if you sort it out through the estimate gross commission field. 

To filter out your report, add additional filter to show only the first 5 account records since you already know that those 5 records are the top 5. You can use their Account Id for the filter.

This was selected as the best answer