function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Katrina Watkins 2Katrina Watkins 2 

Login Security for Cordova Hybrid App

I am wanting to create a hybrid app using cordova for patients, giving them the ability to update their individual medical record that is on SalesForce. How would I go about securing the patient login? I don't want to necessarily use OAuth, as the patients do not have a SalesForce login. They would need some sort of individual token associated with their profile. Thanks in advance for your help!
NagaNaga (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Katrina,

Mobile app developers can quickly and easily embed the Salesforce OAuth 2.0 implementation. The implementation uses an HTML view to collect the username and password, which are then sent to the server. The server returns a session token and a persistent refresh token that are stored on the device for future interactions.

A Salesforce connected app is the primary means by which a mobile device connects to Salesforce. A connected app gives both the developer and the administrator control over how the app connects and who has access. For example, a connected app can restrict access to a set of customers, set or relax an IP range, and so on.

Best Regards
Naga Kiran