function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
mahesh chandramahesh chandra 

Get a list of apps created or installed in a salesforce Organization

We can get the list of items in the Force.com app menu or App Launcher from the 'AppMenuItem' sobject. This cotains a field 'ApplicationId'. If this is the Id of the application for the item in Force.com, there might be an sobject which contains a row with id as this value. My purpose is to get the list of apps installed from appexchange or created in a salesforce organization. The records in 'AppMenuItem' sobject doesn't contain any field indicating the category of app, for example, Standard or Custom or Console. The value of 'Type' field indicates if the app is a connected or ServiceProvider or TabSet app. 
There is another sobject 'PackageLicense' represents licenses for installed managed packages. This sobject also doesn't have enough details.
Any help is highly appreciated.
James LoghryJames Loghry
You can get a list of installed packages via the metadata api (or migration toolkit).  See this Stackexchange post for an answer on a similar question: http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/13561/how-to-get-a-list-of-the-managed-packages-including-version-numbers-installed
mahesh chandramahesh chandra
Thanks for the response James Loghry.

The list of installed packages can be obtained  from 'PackageLicense' sobject through REST API, which I have mentioned in my Question.
I got some way to categorize this apps by the value of 'NamespacePrefix' field from 'AppMenuItem' sobject. 
value of NamespacePrefix                                                                Category
standard with Type = 'TabSet'                                                           Standard Application
sf_chttr_apps or sf_com_apps with Type = 'ConnectedApplication'      Connected Application
Any other value with Type = 'TabSet'                                                Custom Application
Any other value with Type = 'ConnectedApplication'                           Connected Application

This is my inference from the data I have. Don't know how much it is true.
But I didn't get any way to categorize Console Apps. For the 'Sample Console' app I have, the value of NamespacePrefix is 'standard', so I am not able to find any differentiating value.