function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Olivier GemayelOlivier Gemayel 

API Integration & SSO

Hello,

We are creating a app that needs to be link to salesforce.

In order to access the Salesforce.com APIs we will need the following:

· A Salesforce Connected App with OAuth enabled and full access scope.

o App Consumer Key

o App Consumer Secret

· A user account with API enabled and enough access privileges

o Username

o Password

o Security Token

Can you please let me know how to get all this and how to give to the developper?

Thank you very much

Olivier
Always ThinkinAlways Thinkin
For creating the Connected App, the article Digging Deeper into OAuth 2.0 on Force.com (https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Digging_Deeper_into_OAuth_2.0_on_Force.com) will probably answer many of your questions and help you get that in place.

For the User Account with API Enabled, I highly recommend using a dedicated Profile that only grants the User Account access to the objects and fields necessary for the app to function. If you must use an existing Profile, then create a Permission Set that provides all the access that the User Account requires so that you don't grant other users in the same Profile excessive access to critical objects and fields. API Enabled is a System Permission checkbox that must be checked to grant the User access via the API. Once you have the Profile or Permission Set created, you must apply that to either an existing User or new User. You can get a new Secruity Token by logging in to the UI as that user and initiating the Reset My Security Token function in Setup. This will send the new Security Token to the email address associated with the User. You must have access to that email account to retrieve the Security Token. A note of caution, if this is an existing User and other integrations also authenticate with that user, you must update the integration credentials to use the new Security Token; alternately, if you can retrieve the current Security Token from the integration configurations, you would not need to reset the user's security token.