function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kalai ArumugamKalai Arumugam 

'Change Log Levels' page keep loading forever

I could not able to set debug levels from my developer console. The 'Change Log Levels' page keep loading forever. Tried many times.
In the screen, I can see information for 'General Trace Settings for you' but, not for 'Class and Trigger Trace Overrides', also 'loading...' above the screen. I could not able to see the logs I prined in my class because of this issue.

I did try enabling the log levels from Setup->Debug Logs, but no luck.

Can some one help me with this?

pconpcon
What pod are you running on?  What browser (and version)?  Do you have any extensions / plugins running?  Have you tried switching browsers and/or running in incognito/private browsing mode without any extensions / plugins?
Maggie XL YangMaggie XL Yang
I have the same issue today Oct 19, 2015. I tried in both Chrome and IE. Same thing for both. Can you help with this?
pconpcon
I can, but I need the same debugging information that I ask Kalai for.  It would also be useful to know if you have any failures in your development console.
Thanks pcon! My chrome version 45.0.2454.101 m. I don't have extensions/plugins running. I am not in incognito mode.

Sorry but what do you mean by pod?
pconpcon
I would suggest that you do try in incognito mode.  The pod is the instance of Salesforce you are running on (ie na7, cs9, etc).  Do you see any failures in the browser's development console?
I tried in incognito mode to log into sandbox and open developer console from there. The same issue appear with the 'Change Log Levels'.

My pod is cs8. I don't see any failures in the dev console.
pconpcon
I don't see anything on the trust site for that instance (other than the Winter '16 upgrade).  Since your not seeing anything in the browser's developer console, your best bet now is to reach out to Salesforce support directly and see if it is a bug related to the Winter '16 release.
Thanks pcon! This is a good point since everything worked fine last Friday.
Hello pcon, I'm using chrome, 46.0.2490.71. I did tried the options you have suggested, but no luck. :-(
Today I tried from my other sandboxes, everything works fine.

Looks like, the issue is due to a long running process in the background. Once I closed my browser window during a 'Save' or 'Set debug' operation was in-progress. I closed because that because it was taking long time. Since then, I'm facing this issue.

So I guess, some process which I triggered is still running background.
pconpcon
Good news (sorta) I now have this issue.  It is a problem with Salesforce and it's a problem with their javascript.  I'm going to file a support case with them and see if they can get it listed under their known issues.
I already contacted them this morning and the case was escalated to their R&D.
Many thanks pcon!
pconpcon
I got an update from Salesforce and was able to fix this.  I used jsForce's ToolingAPI [1] interface to fix it.  You can do the same thing by calling th ToolingAPI directly if you want.  From the command line I ran the following jsForce command

jsforce -u "username" -p "password" -e "tooling.sobject('TraceFlag').find({})"

Then taking the ids from there running

jsforce -u "username" -p "password" -e "tooling.sobject('TraceFlag').delete('IDGOESHERE')"

[1] https://jsforce.github.io/document/#tooling-api
pconpcon
Additionally, you can launch the developer console and under "Query Editor" type the following query

select Id from TraceFlag

then check the "Use Tooling API" checkbox and click "Execute."  Then select all the resultant rows and click "Delete Row."  After you've done this you should be able to change the log levels.  You may have to refresh the dev console page before it'll work.
Thanks pcon! I used your suggestion and it is fixed for me.