function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Madhumitha SMadhumitha S 

Lightning component tab -- create custom tab is missing

Custom Tabs 
Help for this Page
You can create new custom tabs to extend Salesforce functionality or to build new application functionality. 

Custom Object Tabs look and behave like the standard tabs provided with Salesforce. Web Tabs allow you to embed external web applications and content within the Salesforce window. Visualforce Tabs allow you to embed Visualforce Pages. Lightning Component tabs allow you to add Lightning Components to the navigation menu in Salesforce1. Lightning Page tabs allow you to add Lightning Pages to the navigation menu in Salesforce1.

I want to create a Custom Lightning component tab .
But the feature is missing though it is described in the help section.User-added image
Best Answer chosen by Madhumitha S
Anup JadhavAnup Jadhav
You cannot do this since a lightning component is expected to work either in a Lightning app or on its own in Salesforce1 or the new salesforce UI. In the new UI there no tabs, atleast not in the same classic sense. 

All Answers

Anup JadhavAnup Jadhav
You cannot do this since a lightning component is expected to work either in a Lightning app or on its own in Salesforce1 or the new salesforce UI. In the new UI there no tabs, atleast not in the same classic sense. 
This was selected as the best answer
Anjali DahiyaAnjali Dahiya

I also faced the same problem .So I created a VisualForce page  and include my Lightning component in that and also sectect the checkbox to make it available for Lightning app  Select the checkbox "Available for Salesforce mobile apps and Lightning Pages"  
And Created vf tab for this.
saran kumar 9saran kumar 9
how did you add my lighting component to visualforce ?
Andrew Gill 1Andrew Gill 1
Anup's answer is not right nd should not be the best answer.  You must have a domain name setup for your org https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=domain_name_setup.htm&language=en 
Abers55Abers55
I found that the component tabs section only appeared once I had deployed my domain to all users.  This was new to me.  Previously,  all I had to do when setting up a domain was to select one that was available.  I couldn't see the section at this point.  Once I logged into the new domain and deployed it to all users (all through the My Domain page),  I could see it.
Shiv NawalShiv Nawal
@Andrew Thank you for your solution.