function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Stefan Senegeac 17Stefan Senegeac 17 

Some classes aren't being recognized in managed package

I have a managed package which I installed on different orgs with no problems. Recently I added 2 new classes and all hell broke loose. I packaged it fine, compiled fine, passed all the unit tests just fine. When I tried to install it on a sandbox it gave errors about not recognizing some vars from a class that I know(checked) is included. I then removed the 2 new classes, repackaged it and it was the same. I should mention that all the other files are Managed-released but the package is currently beta. The 2 new files I added are also beta (blue instead of green) but the errors are not about the new classes.

Example error: "Class_Name.
Variable var_name does no exist. ("Class_Name" is a very important class that has been in this package since the begining, it never caused problems and it's included in the package, "var_name" is a static bool from that class that also exists)

Best Answer chosen by Stefan Senegeac 17
Tejpal KumawatTejpal Kumawat
Hello Stefan,

Can you edit & save your particular class & its test class that causing issue on browser on package org, then it will provide compile time error. This issue looks like coming due to variable used in test class

If this answers your question mark Best Answer it as solution and then hit Like!

All Answers

Tejpal KumawatTejpal Kumawat
Hello Stefan,

Can you edit & save your particular class & its test class that causing issue on browser on package org, then it will provide compile time error. This issue looks like coming due to variable used in test class

If this answers your question mark Best Answer it as solution and then hit Like!

This was selected as the best answer
Stefan Senegeac 17Stefan Senegeac 17
@Tejpal Kumawat - I tried that, didn't work. I added something to every file and saved. No compile errors. I then packaged and tried an install but it's the same.