function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Medhanie HabteMedhanie Habte 

Adding a formula field that populates based on two if statements

Greetings I am looking to create a fromula field that populates data according to these two if statements for my opportunity field. This field will be referenced a mail merge document. Basically if the account and contact full name don't match and the contact/donor record type is not in individual, then a text result will populate as this is a person account, otherwise, it will just say dear so and so.

IF(Account.Name <> Contact.Full_Name__c) and IF(Donor_Type__c !="Individual") then Product_Donations_Summary__c = "Greetings from Us", Dear+Contact.First_Name__c

Hope it helps.
Best Answer chosen by Medhanie Habte
Ketankumar PatelKetankumar Patel
Hi Medhanie Habte, I am assuming you are creating formula field on contact object and your formula field is Product_Donations_Summary__c 
IF(AND(Account.Name <> Full_Name__c, RecordType.Name <> "Individual"), "Greetings from Us", "Dear "+First_Name__c )

All Answers

Ketankumar PatelKetankumar Patel
Hi Medhanie Habte, I am assuming you are creating formula field on contact object and your formula field is Product_Donations_Summary__c 
IF(AND(Account.Name <> Full_Name__c, RecordType.Name <> "Individual"), "Greetings from Us", "Dear "+First_Name__c )

This was selected as the best answer
Medhanie HabteMedhanie Habte
Brilliant Thanks!