function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Elena ShaneElena Shane 

I would like to include Edit Layout in my Lightning app

Hello!
I would like to include Edit Layout in my Lightning app. So I tried to use component <force:recordEdit>.  My code in full.cmp is:

<div class="slds-form-element">
        <force:recordEdit aura:id="edit" recordId="{!v.taskId}"/>
        <ui:button label="Save" press="{!c.save}"/>
</div>

But in this case I have got a bad view of this layout.  How can I improve the look of the Edit layout? May be can I set a style for this layout so that it looks beautiful?

Any help is appreciated!
NagaNaga (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Elena,

Go to Lightning App Builder page and you will see a new setting you need to enable. Once you enable it, you will get the option to customize the page layout of lead/account/opportunity pages etc. 

Also, those are not buttons. Those are actions. Workaround would be to disable universal actions and add object level actions. That means any existing buttons need to be turned to actions. Existing VF pages should open within an iframe and should not be an issue.

Best Regards
Naga kiran
Elena ShaneElena Shane
Hi Naga,
thanks you for your answer. But I don't know how it can help me. Can you explain me?

I created Lightning app and Lightning component.

My app (page) looks now so:
User-added image

In the red border you can see component <force:recordEdit aura:id="edit" recordId="{!v.taskId}"/>.
As you see, the page looks ugly. There is no single structure of edit layout.

For your advice I went to Lightning App Builder page. I saw item 'Enable App Builder for Lightning Experience (PILOT)'. I enabled it. But how can it help me? What should I do then?

Thanks!
Elena ShaneElena Shane
I use Salesforce Classic. Not Lightning Experience.
Big EarsBig Ears
It seems that this currently isn't supported. I've added an idea to the idea exchange to see if we can get it resolved:

https://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=0873A000000E3tTQAS