function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rashi krishanrashi krishan 

. When the lead is converted, transfer the following data also to the opportunity:

. When the lead is converted, transfer the following data also to the opportunity:

Open activities
Notes and Attachments
Chat Transcript
As these are the related lists on Lead  and Opportunity.The values of these related list vales on lead need to be transfered to the respective related list on Opportunity.What approach should be taken for trigger. Please answer ASAP
Chandra Sekhar CH N VChandra Sekhar CH N V
Activities do get transferred while conversion. Attachments get tagged to the account rather than an opportunity record after conversion.
rashi krishanrashi krishan
but i need data in note and attachment from lead to opportunity.What approach needed for trigger

Tarun_KhandelwalTarun_Khandelwal
Hi Rashi,

You prefer trigger for this. In lead conversion process, you can find out converted opportunity and account id in trigger. Go through the link -
https://mindfiresfdcprofessionals.wordpress.com/2013/08/07/trigger-on-lead-conversion-process-in-salesforce/

and populate lookups of Opportunity and account in case of conversion. Let me know in case of any query.

Thanks,
Tarun
Chandra Sekhar CH N VChandra Sekhar CH N V
I am afraid you can't do that because as attachments cannot be transferred to another object through code ('parentid' field on attachment object is not writeble) or manually to another object.