function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Ram BansalRam Bansal 

Integration of Android or Iphone app (from PlayStore or AppStore)

Hi All,

I have a business scenerio which I want to implement in salesforce.
Assume that I want to develop an android app for an e-commerce business where there are some products to be sold through mobile app like it is done in flipkart, amazon etc. So consumer will download the app on his mobile device from app store or play store. He selects some products and places an order.
Now I want to implement the back end sales process in salesforce, i.e. all sales order handling, delivery etc. Sales person will see orders by logging in salesforce and fulfill it.
So the issue is How the order will be created from android app in salesforce as mobile app user (i.e. consumer) can be anyone and I can't give salesforce user to everyone who uses mobile app?

Please suggest a solution.
Thanks,
Ram
NagaNaga (Salesforce Developers) 
Hi Ram,

This mobile app and salesforce can be integrated using the API.As soon as the customer clicks on the buy button, you can have a notification sent to the backend sales and they can forward the process from there on.

Please see the link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ivxa4RdXyCE

http://salesforce.stackexchange.com/questions/60415/html-5-mobile-app-platform-for-salesforce-integration

Best Regards
Naga kiran
Ram BansalRam Bansal
Hi,

Thanks for your reply but my problem is totally different from the solutions you provided.
Please understand the scenerio.
I want to publish the android app on Google Play Store from which end user will create an order. He is not a salesforce user as I can't get a salesforce user for every consumer and so no access to salesforce.
Think like any e-commerce app like paytm, flipcart, snapdeal.

Please let me know if there is any confusion. There is no salesforce access to mobile app user.
Also think if this is possible using community user.

Thanks,
Ram