function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
PS81PS81 

Field Dependency in Visualforce page

I need help on setting the field dependencies on VF page (copy of standard opportunity page)

Below is the opportunity screen and the field-dependencies are enabled for Probability - depedendant on stage , Presales - dependant on Type etc
User-added image
with standard the field dependencies work fine but in the custom VF page which is the copy of the standard it doesnt work fine....as in standard eventhough the mandatory fields are not filled if i click on 'Stage' the 'Probability' field is set accordingly but in custom page it doesnt happen and i need to fill in mandatory fields for the field dependency to work...

any help to correct this please?
Daniel BallingerDaniel Ballinger
Have you seen Adding Dependent Fields to a [Visualforce] Page (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.pages.meta/pages/pages_quick_start_dependent_picklists.htm)? It includes a number of considerations you should include when making a Visualforce page for dependent picklist fields. Including:

Don’t mix inline edit-enabled fields with regular input fields from the same dependency group. For example, don’t mix a standard input field for a controlling field with an inline edit-enabled dependent field