function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Chris SoricelliChris Soricelli 

Creating a link from a Standard Object (Opportunity) to a Visualforce Page

Hopefully this is in the correct category.  I am a brand new admin in the process of a Salesforce implementation.  I have certain instances where the field level help does not allow enough characters for the text that I need to display, so I created a very simple page in Visualforce that contains the text.  I want to have a link, or hover-over that will display that text while creating or editing an Opportunity.

I tried dragging the Visualforce page into the object.  That makes it display only after the Opportunity is saved.  I thought that I might be able to do something simple like use a url field and create a hyperlink to the Visualforce page, but I can't figure out how or if I can do it.

Any suggestions are appreciated - I am looking for something as simple as possible requiring minimal code (no code would be best)

Other ideas to get around the help text limitations are appreciated.  I am not a programmer or delveloper, so I am trying to keep it simple, but I know how to copy and paste.
sandeep unnikrishnansandeep unnikrishnan
you would have to override the create and edit on the object with visulaforce , according to what i know