function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ItsJustCode2ItsJustCode2 

When using the Dataloader, does the rule still apply that workflow won't fire for batch sizes > 20 ???

When using the Dataloader, does the rule still apply that workflow won't fire for batch sizes > 20 ???  Used to I remember that batch sizes set to greater than 20 records at a time workflow wouldn't fire.  Has that been changed?  If so, what are the new rules?

Thank you,
Steve Laycock
Best Answer chosen by ItsJustCode2
ItsJustCode2ItsJustCode2
Actually, I think it is wrong to use workflow for dataloads.  I would prefer that the limit of 20 or less per batch still existed.  Now workflow is a hazard when importing data.  If you want to do something cool with data during a update or insert then write the code!  Now I have to turn off my stupid workflow because some joke of an admin can't code and wants to use work flow.... This is crap!

All Answers

Sanjay Mulagada 11Sanjay Mulagada 11
Steve, I used Data loader just yesterday to update all my records and force fire the workflows, I have set the batch size to 200 and it worked fine. Unless you have any process builder running on that object(which your updating) then you might want to deactivate the process builder/flow or reduce the batch size to 50.
ItsJustCode2ItsJustCode2
Ok so the answer is no the rule of a batch size less than 21 no longer applies, correct?
Sanjay Mulagada 11Sanjay Mulagada 11
For a workflow the batch size could be over 21, for a process builder this winter release it says it partially suppots bulkification. If you're concerned about Workflows only then it is good you can set the batch size to over 21. Thank you.
ItsJustCode2ItsJustCode2
Actually, I think it is wrong to use workflow for dataloads.  I would prefer that the limit of 20 or less per batch still existed.  Now workflow is a hazard when importing data.  If you want to do something cool with data during a update or insert then write the code!  Now I have to turn off my stupid workflow because some joke of an admin can't code and wants to use work flow.... This is crap!
This was selected as the best answer